Keeping blogs & websites fresh can be tough; search engines are "hungry beasts" so sometimes creating content on a regular basis can be completely exhausting because the key is it should be mostly fresh content. Now that doesn’t mean if you find something cool written by others you shouldn’t share it, of course you should; it does mean that the more things posted that are generated by your company the better. However, what do you do when the "creative juices" aren't flowing?
Ways To Get 'Unstuck'
Here are 8 quick tips to help stimulate your creativity:
• Organize your content ideas in one place accessible anywhere like Dropbox or Evernote;
good ideas seem to come at inconvenient times
• Post “pinnable images” for your blog;
• No matter where you post them, remember to tag every image so search engines
can "read them" or a post where pictures matter will be lost in cyberspace
• For focus, create a working title for every blog post, polish or change it before posting
• Curate a relevant series of posts into an E-Book
• Interview an expert or business owner for a quick post
• Create a feature post relevant to your company such as “tip of the week”
• Review a new book you have read or new business tool you like
Bad Writing Beats No Writing
Nothing cures the content creation blues more than writing, even if it starts out badly. It always surprises me how a painfully rough draft can somehow take shape into something cogent & interesting.
Image is the well known Snoopy created by Charles Schulz